Saturday, December 10, 2011

Firenze

Hey guys, I went to Florence for three days with my school...its a beautifull city! Here are some pics :P



THis is Santa Maria NOvella...One of the firts thing we saw. Its very beautifull but unfortunately we weren't allowed to take photos in the insided. There were many frescoes by Giotto, Cimabue and Its a Gothic church from the Renaissance.




The Cathedral of Florence or also know as Santa Maria del Fiore. I couldn't take a better photo because rite when we were passing by it my camera died :( But anyway it a very very nice Church but inside its a little empty!



The Medici Chapel, my favourite thing! This Chapel was built thanks to the money of the Medici family



They didn't let us take photos on the inside but it was a shame! Its was breathtaking, there was the Price Chapel and the New Sacristy of Michelangelo.



This statue of a wild pig was taken in frot of "Il mercatino del Cinghiale" Its a bazaar named "Wild Pig". You touched the snout of the pig, put a coin in his mouth and let go of the coin. If the coin fell inside of the sewer in the fountain it brang you 'Good Luck'.



I didn't throw a coin beacause by then I had already finished all of my money :P

But we did pass by other markets and I did buy lots of thing, the markets were lovely and I bought gifts for all my family but i didn't take picture of my buys. I only took a photo of what one of my friends bought:



She found a man who was making handmade hats and she asked him if he could write her name in it ;)She loved it... and i think it was pretty cool!!!
There were so many unique things...

I had lots of fun and we saw so many other things but I wasn't able to take pictues. If you ever come to Italy make sure you visit Florence its amazing.

Love,
Matilde

No comments:

Post a Comment