Friday, December 30, 2011

Caracas Arepa Bar

"Pale gold arepas, made from scratch daily, they have been described as "dense yet spongy corn-flour rounds, pitalike pockets, corn muffins, cake-swaddled mélange, white corn cakes, Latin sloppy Joe, sandwiches of a flat cornmeal patty, soft and smooth within, golden crispiness, tasty treats, burrito-killer, panini-killer, wheat-free, gluten-free crisp on the outside, steamy-soft in the middle..."
The truth is that our arepas resist definition. They are the
result of a relentless dedication to homemade quality slow food. Straight from Venezuela, with New York temperament, stuffed or plain, arepas can be a snack or a meal, exotic or familiar. Their versatility is probably their only constant and the reason why in Venezuela they are at the center of every meal; from breakfast to lunch, dinner, and the occasional after party treat
."
- Caracas Arepa Bar NYC



While I was in New York my family and I went to eat at Caracas Arepa Bar and it was one of the best meals I had in NY. It's a home-made Venezuelan (that's were I come from: Venezuela) restaurant. I had an arepa de pabellòn which was super duper yummy and my sister and my mum had a Christmas plate called hallacas with pan de jamon. And to drink we all had Frescolita it was delicioussssssssss! I had forgotten the taste of that!
The food was like a party of amazing taste in your mouth!!!
If you live in New York go eat at Caracas Arepa Bar or you will be missing out on so many amazing home made food!






Visit http://www.caracasarepabar.com/index_2.php for more information.
I LOVED IT! AND I'M PRETTY SURE YOU WILL TOO!

Until next post,
M&M

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mati...
    Tell your mom to check her e-mail (Gmail).
    I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to NYC. Love you!

    ReplyDelete